UPCOM Trading Regulations
|Sessions||Trading Method||Trading Time|
|Morning Sessions||Continuous Order Matching||09:00 – 11:30|
|Put-through Order Matching||09:00 – 11:30|
|Intermission||11:00 – 13:00|
|Afternoon Sessions||Continuous Order Matching||13:00 – 15:00|
|Put-through Order Matching||13:00 – 15:00|
- For Stocks: ± 15% of the reference price
- The price range applied on the first trading day of newly listed stocks and re-traded stocks after more than 25 consecutive trading sessions without liquidity is: ± 40% of the reference price
- The price range applied when paying dividends/ treasury stocks bonus to existing shareholders on the ex-dividend date or paying cash dividends with an amount greater than or equal to the weighted average price of the stocks on the trading day preceding the ex-dividend date is: ± 40% of the reference price
- For Bonds: no regulation
- Continuous Order Matching
- Put-through Order Matching
- On the first trading day of newly listed stocks and re-traded stocks after more than 25 consecutive not-trading sessions, Ha Noi Stock Exchange only accepts orders by Continuous Order Matching method. Put-through Order Matching is only executed when the reference price is established from the result of Continuous Order Matching method.
- Price priority: Buy orders with higher prices or sell orders with lower prices will be prioritized to execution.
- Time priority: for buy orders or sell orders with similar prices, the orders that entered the system first will be prioritized to execute first.
- Even-lot transactions: 100 shares
- Odd-lot transactions having a volume from 1 to 99 shares will be executed by either order matching method or put-through method.
- Trading unit for put-through method: 01 stock
- Put-through transactions and odd-lot transactions are not allowed to execute on the first trading day of newly listed stocks or stocks that are re-traded after more than 25 days of suspension until the reference price is determined from the successful transaction results of the Continuous order matching method.
- For Stocks: VND 100
- For Put-through Order Matching: VND 01
- The reference price of trading stocks is the weighted average of the even-lot trading executed by the continuous order matching method of the latest trading day.
- For equitized enterprises registering to auction their shares through the Stock Exchange and registering for transactions on the Upcom system, the reference price on the first trading day is the average successful auction price (for public auction) or distribution price for investors (for book-building).
- The trading registration organization proposes the reference price for the newly listed stocks on the first trading day. In case a public company delists stocks after January 1st, 2016, the reference price on the first trading day is the closing price or the reference price (if there is no transaction on the last trading day to determine the closing price) of the last trading day in the listed market.
- The reference price does not be adjusted in case the issuers of convertible bonds, enterprises pay cash dividends with an amount greater than or equal to the closing price of the stocks on the trading day preceding the ex-dividend date, enterprises issue additional shares with the issue price higher than the closing price of stocks on the trading day preceding the ex-dividend date after adjusting for other rights (as if) or enterprises using treasury stocks to pay dividends/ stock bonuses for existing shareholders.
- The trading order is the Limit order (LO). The limit order is valid from the time it is entered into the trading registration system until being canceled or trading times are ended.
- Limit Order (LO)
- Orders to buy securities at a specified price or lower specified price.
- Orders to sell securities at a specified price or higher specified price.
Modification and cancellation of order only be valid when the original order has not been executed or the rest of the original order has not been executed.
- Modifying to increase the volume: The order of command precedence after correction is calculated since the revised order is entered the trading system.
- Modifying to decrease the volume: The order of command precedence does not alter
- Odd-lot transaction is executed by Continuous Order Matching and Put-through Order Matching method on Upcom trading system.
- Investors must comply with similar regulations on amendment and cancellation of LO orders as even-lot transactions.
- Trading unit for the odd-lot transaction: 01 stock
- Trading price:
- The price of odd-lot trading must comply with similar trading price regulations of even-lot
- Odd-lot orders are not used to determine the reference price or index price.
- Odd-lot transactions of newly listed or re-traded stocks after more than 25 consecutive not-trading sessions are not allowed into the trading system once the reference price is established from the result of Continuous Order Matching method.